Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Christmas From Our House To Yours, CSAYL

This week at CSAYL, we were challenged to use the following colors in creating our Christmas card:





At first I thought 'WOW! What a tough challenge with all those colors to work with!' But, I managed. Whew!! LOL :) All I could think of was a wintery stamp of multiple homes colored in those colors. I tried to use colors that came closest to this. So this is what I came up with. I chose to frame this as a window using the Spellbinders Die Negative Cut as well as the positive for the interior panel.

Christmas Stamp is by PSX, from 1995, #K-1603. Image is colored in with Copics, Marvy LePlume Markers & CTMH chalks. For the look of sparkly dimensional snow, I used a Martha Stewart Glue Pen & added Ultrafine White Glitter. The final touch was the sentiment panel that's also a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Diecut. The sentiment itself is from the SU set called "To You & Yours"--> That set seems to be one of my absolute favorite Christmas sets! :)

Thanks for Looking & Happy Creating! :)
America

15 comments:

Danni said...

This is breathtaking beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Gorgeous! America I don't know how you do it, but I love when you do. Your scene is wonderful, the framing you did is awesome. Just a gorgeous creation.

Emily Leiphart said...

Really lovely! Love that book shaped opening and the scroll around the sentiment!

Yvonne said...

This is just gorgeous, America. I see myself seized with panic if I were to make a christmas card in those colors...lol!!
You did a fabulous job!!!

Judy Rozema said...

How totally beautiful!! What a wonderful scene! And congratulations on your Crafty Sentiments DT!

Jorunn said...

Wonderful card, love the winter scene, and the wonderful colors!

Love how you have used the spellbinder tag! I have these, but never got around to use them!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving such nice words!

hugs,
Jorunn

Curt in Carmel said...

What a gorgeous scene card! That snow is beautiful! And your coloring of the buildings is so lovely! Love this card! Best, Curt

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so incredibly beautiful!! What a gorgeous scene and you framed it so eloquently!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is so amazing hun!! You know your creations always amaze me!! I LOVE all the glitter!! SO YUMMY!!! HUGS

troll13 said...

WOW, it is a absolutly gorgeous marster piece. I love your coloring and the way you have made the snow. Beautiful it is :o)))

Charlotte Ravn said...

Wow I love your blog America! So many wonderful cards you have made!
Thank you for visiting my blog.
/Charlotte

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, I think anyone would feel daunted by all those colours lol.
Just wanted to stop by to say your blog is wonderful and I cannot wait to work with you on the Crafty Sentiments Design Team.
Kim xXx

Lisa Phillippi said...

What a beautiful card! You did an anzing job!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, America! I love what you did with the colors. . .your card turned out perfect! Awesome job on the color challenge!

Maria