It's a Fall Thank You Card for Dies R Us!



 
Hello and welcome back.  I've got a colorful Metallic Card-Set to share.
This is my DT post at DRU -  Dies R Us!  Inspirational Blog!

Gold is just so lovely for Fall projects  Don't you think so?

DRU Products used;
Creative Expressions Cutting Dies by Sue Wilson
 
 
 
 
Other Products Used; 
Creative Expressions Gildin Polish and Gold Mirrored Cardstock, Recollections Washi Tapes and Adhesive Pearls
****************************************************************

 How-To
Check-out the photos of how this Fall Thank You Card came together;
First, I Dry Emboss with the die.
Next, I placed washi tape across a piece of Coconut Card and cut out the Die Shapes.
I adhered the shapes to the embossed raised areas, and cut out a second panel to place over it. This will give your background an inlaid/impressed look.
Next, once all is adered, I cut to size.
At this point, I wanted to add more to the background, so cut strips of my seam binding and laid across in both directions as shown and adhered ribbon ends to the back of this panel.
Now I prepare my card base out of Coconut card and Mirrored Cardstock.
The ribbon panel is now adhered to the card base.
Next, I cut my selected die shapes for the panel that will be holding the sentiment. I also cut 4-6 sets of the sentiment to layer and adhere together for a dimensional look that will make it stand out from my busy background.
At this point, I wanted the top layer to be shimmery, so I decided to use Deco Art Metallic Lustre and Gilding Polishes in Fall colors.
Next, I cut additional Gold rings from the Mirrored Cardstock to layer and give top panel dimension.
Started layering the die-cuts, using the center of the washi tape diecut to carry the design throughout.
I used this Chantilly Lace Border die set to diecut these strips and then cut them down to pieces that were added to the four ribbon sides to coninue that added golden touch throughout the design.
After the golden pieces are added, I was ready for the ribbon.
The ribbon is seam binding and its easy to color. While these soft colors are pretty, but they didnt quite match my card panels, so I took the Gilding Polish and ran it across the ribbons to match!
This is the photo after the ribbon is colored giving it a metallic shimmer!
This is the finished card topped off with an extra Die-Cut Gold Rim to showcase the sentiment better, adhesive pearls on the corners, and a Pearl Brad in the center of my gilded Bow!   Lots of steps, but it was so fun trying out different ways to arrange and use the dies for new looks! I hope to have inspired your creativity and that you'll give these gorgeous dies by Sue Wilson a try!! 
*****************************************************************

 ARE YOU a Sue Wilson FAN?
Check us out on Facebook. We have a fantastic inpiring group where SW fans like you interact, share ideas, tips, tricks, tutorials, and fabulous makes using Sue's wonderful products! Click here to go directly to Facebook and join us there!
"Sue Wilson Fans in the USA and around the Globe"

*******************************************************************

I'd like to also enter this card into the following challenges;
Words 2 Craft By  - When It Gets Crisp in the Fall
Crafty Sentiment Designs - Fall Colors
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Papercraft Business Challenge - Anything Goes + option of Thankful
Crafty Cardmakers - AUTUMN COLORS
Cards in Envy - FEELS LIKE FALL
Make My Monday - AUTUMN/FALL COLORS
The Corrosive Challenges - Always Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenges - FALL COLORS
Artistic Inspirations - ANYTHING GOES

 A bit more Time to Craft - Always Anything Goes
***************************************************************

Thanks for stopping by today! 
 I hope to have inspired your creativity and that you are feeling happy 
I 💗 hearing from you! 
America

To see more of my Sue Wilson creations, come follow me on these social media channels: 
Subscribe to my Cards by America Blog
Find me on Instagram @CardsbyAmerica 
Cards by America via Pinterest 
Sue Wilson FANS Community Group on Facebook 
Join the Sue Wilson Fans Facebook Group




11 comments

  1. Hello America,

    A truly magnificent card. I just love the colors and everything goes so well together.
    Fabulous job.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic autumnal colours and layers thank you for joining us at MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, stylish card. Thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Thank you for joining us! Jeanie -Scrapbookingmamaw @ Proud PB DT Member
    Be sure to join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges next time!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you put so much love in your awesome card! Beautiful! Thank you for joining our "Autumn Colours" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting and a wonderful weekend ;o) Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant classy card, beautiful design. . So pleased you shared with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card. i thought i recognised Sue Wilson dies as soon as i saw the card. fab job. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a WOW-zer! I am blown away by all the texture and dimension... as well as all those beautiful die cuts. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.

In compliance with the new Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) by commenting, you acknowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog.