Thankful for...

Hello and welcome back to my blog for a quick post today... 
As most of you may know, my Crafting is only for fun and my Family must always come first.  Two of my four precious children are ill and need me at the moment.  Caring for my children is a priority and it has kept me quite preoccupied as of recently.  My boy had surgery and is in pain, but thankfully is now on the road to recovery while my teen is struggling through discomfort and may need surgery.  Still, I pray and thank God everyday for my beautiful family and ALL of our wonderful blessings.  :)

Please know that I have not forgotten about you and promise to get to you as soon as Life allows for it. For now, I just wanted to pop-in to remind you to check out the House-Mouse and Friends MC Blog.  It's a very special post in which we are showing what we are thankful for. With this challenge we are especially thanking and dedicating the post to our Teamie Paula, who recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named "Nathan". You can find all the lovely details HERE.   This is my take with a "That's What Babies Are Made of" card created for Paula - just a short while back...



This Baby Card was so much fun to make. The outer edges are punched out with a new Martha Stewart Corner and Border Punch set then lightly sponged.  The panels are dry embossed,  multi-layered,  sponged in matching blues, and popped up with foam tape for dimension. Some added fun embellishments are a silk ribbon (tied across back panel and top front panel, a Hat Pin (colored with metallic Gel Markers to match the blues) pin end, Blue Beads, Adhesive Pearls, (also colored these to match the blue tones and a tiny Silver Bear Charm.
Stamps Used:  Stampabilities HMD "Love Bunny", featuring Itty Bit, Hop-It. #HMI1014 from the Year 2006.  The Baby text frame stamp is from Great Impressions.
Paper: Blue and White CS
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, COPICS, Metallic Markers,  Studio G Blues
Techniques: Dry Embossing Sponging


To get all the "Thankful For Babies" challenge details, visit HMFMC where you'll be inspired by the super adorable projects that my amazing Mousey Teamies have created for Paula.

Love, 
America

14 comments

  1. Hi America, big cyber hugs coming your way, thinking of your beautiful babies, they grow up so fast but they still need us. Wishing you all the best! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and image just so adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super sweet! Paula has got to love the challenge today I tell ya. This is so sweet, love the bunny and your design. Beautiful and sweet.
    Hope those kiddos get well soon and that you rest some too. We got ya covered. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute and beautiful card America.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card America :-) I love this image and almost used this stamp myself ,, it was a toss up :-) the bright blue and fancy frame are fabulous ,, so pretty and cute :-)

    Hope your children recover soon xx it doesn't matter how old they are, when they are poorly they need their Mum xx you take care of your family sweetie and no worries about blogland :-) xx

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. soft and gorgeous and absolutely perfect with the edge softly kissed with the blue, hope your okay, thinking of you all
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card you have created for baby Nathan. Sweet image and beautiful soft colours.
    America, I hope your children recover quickly and feel better soon. Take care.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how cute is this likkle beauty? VERY..lol stunning colouring & those frames I NEED lol.. good of you to take the time to blog this gorgeous HM creation..hope your kiddos get well real soon..

    big hugs to mummy too.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!

    What a beautiful little card! Love the layout and the beautiful colors! Wishing you a sunshine day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card America, your design is stunning and I love your gorgeous details and your brilliantly coloured image.

    I do hope your two little suffers are improving - poor little loves - give them a cuddle for me!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious baby card! Love that stamp, and that color blue is so pretty. Layers and sentiment are fabulous. So sweet. Thinking of you and your family.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi America
    Fabulous baby creation, I adore your image, It's so sweet. Love the design too. All the layers look super. Thinking of you and your family.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaah what a super cute image and a fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Sounds like lots going on. I'm so sorry your for your two that are going through so much. I hope it is not too serious and that they both recover quickly. Trust me, I know what full time care-giving is all about so I know what you are going through. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Wish I was close so that I could help you out! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.

In compliance with the new Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) by commenting, you acknowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog.