Colorful Polishes and Sue Wilson cutting dies!

A Colorful Thinking of You ...


CARD RECIPE
Uses the Mini Expressions Thinking  of you Die  I’ve created my BG by polishing sheets with various CE Lustre and Opal Polish Colors, then die-cut the sentiments out of the polished sheets.

Using a CE Dbl sided adhesive sheet that I adhered to a plain Coconut White Foundation Card panel, I randomly placed the words on panel. I then covered panel with the adhesive sheet backing to
dry emboss panel with SW’s 3D EF Tumbling Blocks.  This process embedded the words to embossed panel. Next I removed the adhesive sheet backing and sprinkled Frosty Sparkle Glitterbitz (over areas not covered by the words),  for sparkle and extra texture.

SW’s Shadowbox Collection Scalloped and Lattice Frame Die Sets were used to create the framing. 

THE RIBBON FLOWERS
The flowers are made with satin ribbon that I polished with the same multiple color Polishes to match the background words. after polished ribbon was dry (about 10 minutes), a strip of adhesive was added along edge of ribbon and rolled up into the floral shape.  (This flower method was inspired by Sue Wilson’s satin flower YouTube video tutorial). Flowers are adhered to panel with hot glue to ensure they remain secure over glittered/embossed panel.. I’ve used SW’s Finishing Touches Splendid Swirls Dies for the floral spray to finish the look.

What do you think? Hope you give these tips a try!


Thanks for stopping by today!  I so appreciate your time and hope to have inspired your creativity!

I 💗 hearing from you! 
America


To see more of my Sue Wilson creations, come follow me on these social media channels: 
Subscribe to my Cards by America Blog
Find me on Instagram @CardsbyAmerica 
Cards by America via Pinterest 
Sue Wilson FANS Community Group on Facebook

1 comment

  1. I've never used the polishes but oh are they pretty. Lovely card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.

In compliance with the new Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) by commenting, you acknowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog.